Georgetown (McDonough) MBA Program

We all have heard about Georgetown city and its beauty, which is located in Washington, D.C., but we are here with the academic perspective of this city. This city has much potential to challenge applicants to become future leaders. We will talk about Georgetown MBA. 

This page will guide you with Georgetown MBA, including class profile, application requirements, eligibility criteria, employment report, curriculum, deadline, and tuition fees & expenses. 

WHY GEORGETOWN MBA

Georgetown takes the meaning of “Global” to the next level because the city and the university have a relationship with embassies, giving immense opportunities to Georgetown MBA students. They also offer an “Entrepreneurship Initiative,” where students have a year-long chance at a local Venture Capital firm despite a summer internship.

They have made it compulsory for Georgetown MBA students to complete a Global Business Experience, where each student spend months consulting an international company. Not only in culture, but you will also gain exposure to other business strategies through the program’s strong ties with the diplomatic community. 

CLASS PROFILE

Class Size249
Acceptance Rate51%
GMAT Average697
GPA Average3.29
Average Age29
Average Work Experience5.7 Years
Average IELTS7.5 / 9
Average TOEFL80 / 120
Average PTE68 / 90
% of Women34%
% of International Students42%

PRE MBA INDUSTRIES

Financial Services20.1%
Consulting10.4%
Technology and New Media8%
Government4.8%
Construction4.4%
Healthcare4%

APPLICATION REQUIREMENT

  • Official Transcripts
  • Score Card
  • Financial Document
  • Letter of Recommendation
  • Statement of Purpose
  • Resume
  • English Proficiency Test Scores

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

  • Students must have a 4-year bachelor’s degree.
  • A GPA of 3.1 to 3.8 on a 4.0 scale.
  • They must have five to eleven years of work and/or managerial experience.
  • Students must submit a minimum GMAT score and GRE scores.
  • They must give an English proficiency test.
  • They must provide write a well-researched essay.

EMPLOYMENT REPORT

Georgetown MBA offers students an average salary is $160,180.00. We will further break down the employment report with post-MBA industries and post-MBA locations. 

POST-MBA INDUSTRIES

Majority of Georgetown MBA students are placed in the US that is 96%. The other 4% are placed in non-US. We will see a division of 96%.

Mid-Atlantic42%
Midwest5%
Northeast30%
South4%
Southwest5%
West10%

GEORGETOWN MBA CURRICULUM

Their curriculum is distributed in both years’ fall and spring months. Students complete their opening term, taking three courses: Leading Teams for Performance and Impact, Accounting Fundamentals, and Structure of Global Industries. 

Georgetown MBA students must take 16 courses as part of the major curriculum, which includes classes in Managerial Statistics, Analytical Problem Solving,  Firm Analysis and Strategy,  and Ethical Leadership.

MAJORS

  • Accounting
  • Finance
  • Marketing
  • Management
  • Operations and Information Management
  • Strategy, Economics, Ethics, and Public Policy

DEADLINES

RoundApplication DeadlineDecision Notification
Round 1September 28, 2022December 8, 2022
Round 2January 5, 2023March 21, 2023
Round 3March 30, 2023May 4, 2023
Round 4May 2, 2023May 31, 2023

TUITION FEES & EXPENSES

ElementsAmount
Tuition Fees₹4960504
Books And Supply₹107666
Living Expenses₹1879683
Total₹6,947,853

This is it! We hope we have covered every detail of Georgetown MBA and you have gained many insights. Our team is there for you if you need an upper hand in your application process or essay.

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week. We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

UPCOMING EVENT: Breaking Barriers: Empowering LGBTQ+ Leaders with Pride.Register now