Schulich MBA Interview Questions
We are back with another MBA interview question series where we provide sample questions from top b-schools. To add to our series, we are here with interview questions for Schulich to show how an MBA interview looks alike.
This article will provide you with sample interview questions for Schulich that have been frequently asked.
Schulich has been focusing on creating a diverse class profile who are articulate, passionate, and dedicated. Experienced candidates from all walks of the industry, from pharmaceuticals to IT to Finance to Analytics, have been targeting this top school to achieve their goals and ambitions.
Here are some sample interview questions for Schulich. Practice is essential for getting into the Schulich MBA program but doesn’t over-practice. Be yourself so the interviewer can determine whether you’re a good fit for their school. We know you have a bright, colorful personality that can shine in your interview.
Professional experience-related questions
- Tell me something about yourself, or Walk me through your resume.
- What are your short- and long-term professional ambitions after earning your MBA?
- Why MBA? or Why now? Or Why an MBA at this stage of your career?
- Why Schulich?
- What is your Plan B? in case your primary goal does not happen?
Personal qualities-related questions
- What are your key strengths? Can you give some examples, please?
- What are your key weaknesses? Please give some examples.
- What do your coworkers think of you?
- How can you add value to the Class? Why should we take you?
- There is something about you that isn’t included in your CV.
- Any reasons why we should not select you?
- Interests and Hobbies-related questions – why do you do it? What have you achieved/learned?
- How do you distinguish yourself from the other candidates?
Situation and Behavioural Based Questions
- Imagine working in a group where your team cannot agree on an important decision. What do you do?
- Please tell me when you have a short time to prepare for a very important presentation. What did you do in this situation, and what was the outcome?
- Imagine you are in your final year of this program and working on an important project. When you get close to finishing, you face an unexpected setback that could hinder your progress. What do you do?
- Imagine that a friend told you they had copied parts of their term paper from someone who had taken the course a few years ago. What would you do in this situation, and why?
- Imagine that you noticed someone was behaving unethically. What would you do in this situation?
- Would you rather be well-liked or well-respected?
- Please tell me about when you were preparing for a big life transition. What did you do in this situation, and what was the outcome?
- Imagine you are in your final year of this program and working on a project that impacts your overall grade. You are almost done with this project but have just realized that you misunderstood a key instruction. What do you do?
- How are you currently making a positive impact on the world? What is it that you’re doing, and how is it meaningful to you?
- Are there challenges with working with diverse teams?
- What is something you love doing? Why do you love doing it? How have you helped your community? Why is helping your community important?
- Assume you’re in charge of a team, and one of the members isn’t taking his work seriously. What would you do if you were in that situation?
The answers to these situational-based questions can be enhanced when you talk to an experienced person with extensive knowledge of how adcoms evaluate the profile.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is your leadership style? Can you give an example of a project you led?
- What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date?
- Give me an example of a time you failed.
- Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict. How did you handle that?
- Give me an example of a time when you did not meet a client’s expectations. What happened, and how did you attempt to rectify the situation?
- What do you believe the Admissions Committee will be most concerned with when considering your application?
Last Set of Questions
- How are international exchange students and schools assigned?
- How is a club leader selected?
- Do you have any other questions regarding the program?
With this, we end this article with all the information regarding Schulich’s interview questions, but this is not the end from our side. If you need an upper hand, our team is always there to show you the right direction.
We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week. We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.