Top Business Analytics MBA Programs!
Data is probably the most important asset in business today. Data literacy is key if you want to be part of the digital revolution. The business analytics MBA program prepares professionals to work for data-focused businesses. It is a four-semester work integrated learning program where you will interact with big data optimization, data visualization, risk management systems, decision models, and forecasting.
This article will give you detailed information about the Business Analytics program, its benefits and ROI, the skills you require, and all you need to know about the top b-schools providing Business Analytics programs.
FUTURE BENEFITS OF DOING MBA IN BUSINESS ANALYTICS
1) There are abundant job opportunities for data analytics graduates and employers.
2) From Microsoft to McKinsey, the vast numbers of companies employing business analytics graduates typically look to fill these key roles-
- Business intelligence analyst
- Big data analyst
- Management analyst/consultant
- Market research analyst
- Data scientist
- Marketing Manager
3) Whatever your specialization, graduates from these MBA programs get you a strong return on your investment.
Suggested Reading- How to measure ROI for your target programs?
4) Graduates have the opportunity to have a Global career because the demand for Business analytics can’t be emphasized enough.
5) As a B-school graduate, you must interact with professionals from diverse fields. This degree will help you learn communication skills and train you to build networks and strong connections.
6) This field has many untapped potential and opportunities that are yet to be discovered because it is still evolving with various technological advancements.
7) Organizations use business analytics to understand the market, predict the risks, customers buying patterns, preferences, etc., and enhance their products and services with this data. So, if you are trained in this field, you have the power and knowledge to build, strengthen, enhance, and grow businesses.
- How to prepare for the MBA interview questions?
- MBA Entrepreneurial Scholarships for applicants to Top Business Schools
TOP TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED FOR BUSINESS ANALYTICS
Professionals write SQL queries to extract and analyze transactions’ data and develop visualizations to present to stakeholders.
The two most common programming languages in analytics are R, for statistical analysis, and Python, for general programming. Knowledge in either of these languages can be beneficial when analyzing big data sets but is not vital.
Apart from the above languages, statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, Sage, Mathematica, and Excel can be used to manage and analyze data.
An aspiring candidate needs to know the importance of visualization and clearly understand which graph or chart to use for a particular data set. The most prominent visualization tool in the market includes – PowerBI, Tableau, and Qlik Sense.
TOP SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED FOR BUSINESS ANALYTICS
- Good Communicator
- Structured and Critical Thinker
- Problem Solver
TOP B-SCHOOL OFFERING BUSINESS ANALYTICS
We hope this article helped you get basic information about the Business Analytics Program.
To get tailored advice, feel free to hop on a 1:1 profile evaluation call with our experts, where we’ll dive deep into your profile and help you understand your chances to top B-schools with honest feedback.
Do let us know which topic you want us to cover and drop a comment if there is any query or suggestion. Good luck!